Sunday, December 20, 2009

music.

This will be scattered and not have much point but to tell what thoughts are running through my brain.

I'm often disappointed in myself for a lot of things. One of these things being that I am not much more involved in music than singing in the shower and when I'm alone. That I am not in musical productions or playing my guitar everyday. Or playing the harp, but that's neither here nor there..

I love to sing. I always have. I don't suck too much at it. Just a little. I don't do it as much as I would like. I don't as often just sit with music on, singing, because I can't ever dissect enough time from my day to do so.

I like music that flows... like walking through the woods at home when everything is snow covered and you can't hear anything but yourself. That doesn't happen here.
like something you turned on while riding the bus home from school, and you turned it up so loud that you couldn't here people behind you being petty and disgusting. or the bus stopping and going.
music that flows so much that it doesn't sound like it was written or that it will be the same as it was the last time you heard it, because it has something raw and untouched about it.
music that flows and I close my eyes and I'm not here.. I'm not here with my job or cars or bills or money or humans or pollution or death or over-consumption or no time to do anything or overpaid celebrities or lives wasted. I'm somewhere else where there are just notes and voices and harmonies that pick me up and pull me out of everything I don't want to be near.

It's either good or bad for me to feel like this. But I think it's probably good for me to get away from everything. Because that's where I want to be most of the time. Away.

2 comments:

  1. Jodi Beth ~

    My Joanna Newsom Pandora station often gets me through my nights at the newspaper, always a challenge considering most news story involve death, abuse, war ~ all the terrible things.

    I'm sure you'll bring your own music into the world one day, sometimes days are too short. You should look around for harp lessons; that would be so inspiring.

    Jenny J
    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like rock watch and listen Meghido on http://meghidoband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete